If you have a home and a mortgage, your lender is going to require you to carry homeowners insurance. As long as your bank's interests are sufficiently covered, it doesn't really care what you might have done to insure yourself. Here's the bare insurance your standard homeowners insurance policy is going to cover:
- The home's structure
- Personal property
- Liability for accidents on the property
- Some additional living expenses if you can’t live in your home due to a covered loss
Optional Homeowners Endorsements
Read your homeowners policy, and then look around your home. You may realize that your standard homeowners coverage is insufficient. There are optional homeowners coverages for standard policies that you can boost your coverage with. Typical optional insurance endorsements for homeowners may include but aren't limited to:
- Replacement cost of your home rather than market value. It might cost more to rebuild your home than its present day value.
- Replacement cost of personal property rather than actual cash value. Depreciation becomes irrelevant.
- Special personal property endorsements for particularly valuable items like jewelry, artwork or furs.
- Additional water back-up coverage should water come up from your sewers, drains or sump pump
- Home office coverage if you work from your home
- Earthquake and flood endorsements
Special Endorsements For Your Homeowners Policy Can Cover Just About Anything
Other optional insurance endorsements are available. With optional insurance endorsements, you can insure just about anything that you own of significant value. Talk to us, and it's highly likely that we're going to get you covered on something special.
At Prepared Insurance we’ve created a package of additional endorsements to help our customers buy bundled coverage and save. The Titanium Package was created with our most popular products. Click here to compare coverage under the Ti22 bundle.
Contact us for a free no obligation homeowners insurance evaluation. Our job is to protect you, your family, your home and possessions. We're pleased to help you upgrade your homeowners coverage. Don't hesitate to contact us for a quote.