Does hearing “spring cleaning” stress you out? Well, with these quick and easy tips you won’t have to worry about being stressed anymore! Follow these Prepared tips and you’ll have the house clean and organized in no time.
Get Organized – Pick out a weekend where you have nothing going on. Gather all cleaning supplies in one area so you know what you have to clean with. Make a list of what needs to be cleaned throughout the house. Below are some examples of where to start.
- Start by getting rid of items/clothing that are old and that you don’t need/use anymore.
- Clean out all junk drawers in your house.
- Cleaning the ceiling fans and baseboards.
- Clean out the refrigerator and freezer.
- Organize your cluttered countertops.
- Clean your blinds and windows.
- Clean out your medicine cabinet and get rid of old medicines.
- Clean your kitchen sink. (The kitchen sink is dirtier than most toilets!)
Make a Playlist – Listening to music while cleaning makes it more enjoyable and helps time fly by.
Start with the Largest Room – You will have the most energy when you first begin cleaning. By starting with the larger rooms first, you will be able to knock out the toughest part first and finish with the smaller rooms at the end.
Clean One Room at a Time – It’s easy to get overwhelmed when trying to clean the whole house at once. Start in one room and work up to 2 or 3 rooms a weekend to split up the workload.
Work from Top to Bottom – Start from the ceiling down to the floor. This will force the dirt down so you would have to re-dust or re-clean.
Reward Yourself – Before you start cleaning, think of a reward for when you get finished. This will help make cleaning go faster and easier knowing you have a reward waiting for you.
- Use a damp rubber glove to remove pet hair and dander from cushions
- Use a lint roller to clean lampshades and pick up dust
- Use dryer sheets to wipe the baseboards, to remove water spots from mirrors and remove the ring inside the toilet
- Use vinegar to get hard water spots off faucets
- Put baking soda on your sofa to get rid of any ripe smells and then vacuum it off
- Use Magic Erasers on pretty much anything
Spring cleaning might not be the most exciting time of the year but it is a great reminder to consider making some updates to your home and Prepared homeowners insurance policy. Talk to an agent today!